in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Converting only half the show

Last post Mon, Oct 11 2010 9:27 PM by puwaha. 98 replies.
Page 3 of 7 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 31 2010 6:31 PM In reply to

• bjdraw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 1 2009

Re: Converting only half the show

ShowAnalyzer and the DTB add-in are for skipping commercials, not converting MKV files. I agree that screen shots are helpful which is why I include them in my how tos. If you want to setup SA and the DTB add-in, I suggest you start here.

http://hd.engadget.com/2009/10/22/how-to-automatically-skip-commercials-in-windows-7-media-center/

As for Facebook, I only friend people I know in person and stay in touch with, sorry.

• Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:01 PM In reply to

Is there another way like email then, that you can send me more screen-shots of how it should be configured since your article didn't show screenshots of the File Watcher tab, or the Convert MKV to DVR-MS profile or exactly what the Input File & Output file should be if testing in the DVRMSToolboxGUI window?

Thanks.

Craig
  • Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:04 PM In reply to

• bjdraw
    • Top 25 Contributor

My document was meant to show you how to setup DTB to automatically process files, not how to use the DTB GUI. I didn't write the GUI, I don't usually use the GUI and I certainly am not the authority on it. So no, I can't help you figure out how to use it. That being said Andy did write it and he does read these forums and he is on Twitter, so you might try to ask him if you have specific DTB questions that aren't covered in my documents. And of course I'll help you interpret my work as much as I can, just not willing to go too far outside the scope of it.
  • Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:18 PM In reply to

Could you provide me w/ Andy's twitter handle? 

Craig
  • Tue, Aug 31 2010 8:44 PM In reply to

Could you tell me at least on the File Watcher tab's Output Directory, should it be D:\Recorded TV (final product), or should it be to the D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\-Torrents\DVRMSToolbox\DTBTemp?

Watched Directories should only be where the .mkv files are located correct? In my case, D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV.

Craig
  • Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:22 AM In reply to

• bjdraw
    • Top 25 Contributor

You want every directory you'd like watched listed there. So I have D:\RecordedTV so it will scan my recordings for commercials, and D:\Downloads\video\ so it will convert my downloaded videos.
  • Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:41 AM In reply to

bjdraw:
    My document was meant to show you how to setup DTB to automatically process files, not how to use the DTB GUI. I didn't write the GUI, I don't usually use the GUI and I certainly am not the authority on it. So no, I can't help you figure out how to use it. That being said Andy did write it and he does read these forums and he is on Twitter, so you might try to ask him if you have specific DTB questions that aren't covered in my documents. And of course I'll help you interpret my work as much as I can, just not willing to go too far outside the scope of it.

I went ahead & uninstalled DTB & reinstalled & reconfigured it per your article, but I am not seeing any shows appear in my D:\Recorded TV folder yet.  Can you go into more detail on how you configured the "Convert MKV to DVR-MS -Mencoder" profile? It looks like it's configured already on the 3rd to last line [Move file specified in Context("OutputFile") to D:\Recorded TV\].  Should I have to change anything above that? Or is there anything else I should look into? Is there a way I can send a particular log to you that may help troubleshoot this?

thank you.

Craig
  • Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:56 AM In reply to

• bjdraw
    • Top 25 Contributor

The Convert MKV to DVR-MS -Mencoder profile is depreciated, use the Convert MKV TV Show to WTV instead.

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:02 PM In reply to

Upon trying the Convert MKV TV Show to WTV profile to process a particular file in DVRMSToolboxGUI I got this.... (Action did not complete successfully). :-(

InputFile=D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
    Processing actions, this may take some time!!
    Current Affinity: 3 System Mask: 3
    Getting MetaData
    File is not a dvrms-file
    Run Profile = Convert MKV TV Show to WTV
    ProcessId = 41588
    DvrmsToolbox Version: 1.2.2.2
    Throttle DVRMStoMPEG
    FWThrottle: D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
    WaitTime: 0 PollTime
    Duration = 00:00:00.0078125
    Waiting for available worker: 9/1/2010 12:32 PM
    Worker allocated: 9/1/2010 12:32 PM
    Get the value of Context["InputFile"] and set the value of Context["OutputFolder"]
    Context["InputFile"] = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
    Context["OutputFolder"] = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\
    Duration = 00:00:00.0039063
    Get the value of Context["OutputFile"] and set the value of Context["OutputFile"]
    Context["OutputFile"] = D:\Recorded TV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E3.HDTV.wtv
    Context["OutputFile"] = D:\Recorded TV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E3.HDTV.wtv
    Duration = 00:00:00.0009765
    Get the value of Context["InputFile"] and set the value of Context["TvDBXMLFile"]
    Context["InputFile"] = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
    Context["TvDBXMLFile"] = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv.xml
    Duration = 00:00:00.0009766
    Read metadata from TvDB and build Sage XML file.
    Processing TvDBMetaData with 12 arguments.
    Using following file as Template Metadata XML file: Template.mpg.xml
    Using following file as Series Alias XML file: SeriesAlias.xml
    Using following file as the target Metadata XML file: D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv.xml
    Using input parameter as regular expression: (?<series>.+)\.[s,S](?<season>\d+)[e,E](?<episodenbr>\d+)\.
    Metadata provided by thetvdb.com
    Found APIKey.
    Action did not complete successfully
    Total Duration = 00:00:22.0117188

Craig
  • Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:59 PM In reply to

Do I need to configure it in any way or any other part of DTB if I use that profile?

Craig
  • Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:37 AM In reply to

• bjdraw
    • Top 25 Contributor

Post the log from when you try it and I'll tell you what is failing. And no, your process conditions don't need to change, just need to specify the new profile.
  • Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:22 AM In reply to

When waiting for DTB to convert .mkv files to .wtv automatically do I need to make sure that DVRMSFileWatcher.exe is running in the system tray? Or does that only assist ShowAnalyzer in scanning for commercials?

Craig
    Filed under:
  • Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:38 AM In reply to

craig0246:

When waiting for DTB to convert .mkv files to .wtv automatically do I need to make sure that DVRMSFileWatcher.exe is running in the system tray? Or does that only assist ShowAnalyzer in scanning for commercials?

Upon launching DFW i checked the logs & I think this is what was created (it was in C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox). I don't see my latest download in ...\TorrentedTV that was placed in there this morning at 1am going into ...\DVRMSToolbox\DTBTemp. Is something not working right still? Do I need to leave DVRMSTooboxGUI open or does the service "DTBService" just need to be running for it to automatically process new shows?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM : ProcessExe = DVRMStoMPEG.exe
    ProcessArg = /if="{0}" /of="{1}"
    OutputDir = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\-Torrents\DVRMSToolbox\DTBTemp
    ProcessDir = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV
    WaitTime = 0
    HandleDelete = True
    PollTime = 30
    LogDelete = False
    LogUpdate = True
    LogCreate = True
    LogCheck = False
    QueueUpdates = False
    ProcessedFilePrefix = fileprocess
    NumWorkers = 2
    CleanupDays = 7
    IncludeWatchedFolders = True
    CleanupExt = txt,edl,log
    Port = 9199
    WatchFilter = .dvr-ms,.mpg,.ts,.mkv,.avi
    LogPath = C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\FWLogs
    VideoTypes = .mpg,.ts,.dvr-ms,.avi,.mp4,.mp4v,.mkv,
    MinFileSize = 0
    MinProcessingInterval = 30
    ResetOnDelete = True
    WatchRecursive = True
    ProcessFilesMissingArtifacts = True
    MaxIntances = 5

9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM :
    9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM : -------------------------------------------------------
    9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM : Start: 9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM

Craig
  • Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:46 PM In reply to

• bjdraw
    • Top 25 Contributor

DTB gui does not need to be running. If the service is running and you put a file in the watched directory then something should log in its log.

C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\DVRMSFileWatcher.log

• Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:23 PM In reply to

bjdraw:

DTB gui does not need to be running. If the service is running and you put a file in the watched directory then something should log in its log.

C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\DVRMSFileWatcher.log

I found this file (DVRMSFileWatcher_34376.log) in "C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\".  See below...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM : ProcessExe = DVRMStoMPEG.exe
    ProcessArg = /if="{0}" /of="{1}"
    OutputDir = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV\-Torrents\DVRMSToolbox\DTBTemp
    ProcessDir = D:\Recorded TV\TorrentedTV
    WaitTime = 0
    HandleDelete = True
    PollTime = 30
    LogDelete = False
    LogUpdate = True
    LogCreate = True
    LogCheck = False
    QueueUpdates = False
    ProcessedFilePrefix = fileprocess
    NumWorkers = 2
    CleanupDays = 7
    IncludeWatchedFolders = True
    CleanupExt = txt,edl,log
    Port = 9199
    WatchFilter = .dvr-ms,.mpg,.ts,.mkv,.avi
    LogPath = C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\FWLogs
    VideoTypes = .mpg,.ts,.dvr-ms,.avi,.mp4,.mp4v,.mkv,
    MinFileSize = 0
    MinProcessingInterval = 30
    ResetOnDelete = True
    WatchRecursive = True
    ProcessFilesMissingArtifacts = True
    MaxIntances = 5

9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM : -------------------------------------------------------
    9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM : Start: 9/2/2010 9:22:37 AM

Craig
Page 3 of 7 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
@2008 andy vt