in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

DVRMStoMPEG and Comskip - Comskip not exiting

Last post Tue, Mar 24 2015 2:24 AM by CharlesJPK8. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 17 2015 1:41 PM

• rlfromm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013

DVRMStoMPEG and Comskip - Comskip not exiting

Everything was running fine on my Windows 8.1 system. Recently now whenever DVRMStoMPEG calls Comskip to process the commercials, everything works OK and commercial skip files are created. Unfortunately, Comskip never exits and therefore the DVRMStoMPEG process never completes.

Now if I go to Taskmgr and terminate the Comskip task then DVRMStoMPEG process completes and comercial skipping works OK. I have found no error messages.

Does anyone have any idea why Comskip is not exiting?

Filed under: ,
  • Fri, Mar 20 2015 11:36 AM In reply to

• rlfromm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013

Re: DVRMStoMPEG and Comskip - Comskip not exiting

Well now I feel embarrassed. I decided to dig deeper by running Comskip manually using the command line generated from the DVRmsToolbox and guess what happened? The debug window popped open!!! Apparently I forgot to change the "output_debugwindow=" parameter value back to zero after my last tuning tweaks. The problem is resolved.

• Tue, Mar 24 2015 2:24 AM In reply to

Re: DVRMStoMPEG and Comskip - Comskip not exiting

I chose to burrow deeper by running Comskip physically utilizing the charge line created from the DVRmsToolbox and think about what was the deal? The troubleshoot window popped open!!! Obviously I neglected to change the "output_debugwindow=" parameter esteem back to zero after my last tuning changes.
    Try out our free learn spanish and latest comptia training courses to get high flyin success in final and
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
@2008 andy vt