in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

DTB Addin Win8.1

Last post Fri, Jun 20 2014 6:17 AM by 01-0077. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:14 PM

DTB Addin Win8.1

I have been running DVRMStoolbox and DTBAddin in media center several years.  Started on Win7 and migrated to Windows8 no problem.  DVRMSToolbox was 1.2.2.5 and my program and features indicated DTBAddin was 1.0.1.0.  After suffering some kind of corruption with MC under one user account, I get an APPCRASH in KERNELBASE.dll upon starting MC.  My MC Extenders work fine as well as other accounts; however, I noticed my DTBAddin was no longer skipping the commercials and attribute it to the corrupted account.

I uninstalled DTBAddin thinking I could just reinstall.  After determining it must be part of the DVRMSToolbox 1.2.2.5 package, I tried to do a "repair".  The repair fails indicating the service already exists and backs out.  I tried an uninstall and get a similar response.  Wanting to get this back, I downloaded DTBAddin1007, but it errors out indicating it was only designed for Win7.

How can I get back to a working system?  I can't uninstall what I have and I don't have a DTBAddin which will install on Win8.1.

Thanks 

• Fri, Jun 20 2014 6:17 AM In reply to

• 01-0077
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 25 2009
    • Perth Australia

Re: DTB Addin Win8.1

From elevated command prompt type "sc delete dtbservice" (without quotes) then hit enter, then try uninstall. Sometimes I have had to reboot after this, then do a repair install (by running the installer again) then unistall.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
@2008 andy vt