in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Problem: "The DTBAddin program stopped working..." on MCE startup in Windows 8.1

Last post Thu, Dec 26 2013 6:50 PM by jacl. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 26 2013 6:50 PM

• jacl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 11 2013

Problem: "The DTBAddin program stopped working..." on MCE startup in Windows 8.1

I'd posted this earlier, but in DVRMS forum. Got no reply, so will try here

Have the latest win 8.1 updates (includes the latest rollups) installed; and am using the latest donator comskip and latest early access DVRMS (1227-r1) and DTB addin (1009R1). This is a fresh install after win 8.1 upgrade from win 8. Each time I open MCE I get the "DTBAddin stopped working"message within a few seconds. After clicking OK to get rid of the notification, my recorded show plays but the commercials aren't skipped. According to the logs the shows are processed okay, and I have XML files being created. My folders etc. are set up in exactly the same way as in a different Win 7 machine where everything is working properly. I've unistall everything and reinstalled twice with the same result. The DTB service is running and the latest NET framework versions are activated. Below is the ehexthost log as well as the MCE event viewer log. Can anyone advise how to fix?

ehexthost log

2013/12/20 17:37:32.98 : Unable to launch. System.Exception: Could not initialize MceState
       at babgVant.MediaCenter.MceState.MceStateConsumer.MceState..ctor()
       at babgVant.MediaCenter.Application.Start()
    2013/12/20 17:37:33.00 : Unable to uninitialize. System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean& success)
       at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
       at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
       at babgVant.MediaCenter.Application.Uninitialize()

Event viewer log

Exception System.Exception: Could not initialize MceState

Server stack trace:
       at babgVant.MediaCenter.Application.Start()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at MediaCenter.Extensibility.AddInEntryPointWrapper.Launch(AddInHost host)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[ args, Object server, Object[& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.AddInModalLauncher.AddInLaunchDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
       at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.AddInModalLauncher.LaunchComplete(IAsyncResult result)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
@2008 andy vt