in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

SageTV unable to play some SageDCT 2702 videos

Last post Sat, Apr 25 2015 2:51 PM by AlanC. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:40 PM In reply to

• AlanC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Chicao Area

Re: SageTV unable to play some SageDCT 2702 videos

I'm having many of the same problems as a result of not being able to use ffmpeg. 

It seems that on XP libffmpegmux.dll requires MSVCR110.dll, MSVCR110.dll, IESHIMS.dll, and WER.dll, which are missing on my machine .  I've seen some blog entries elsewhere that say similar issues are a result of building an exe on Windows7 but running it on XP.  I can furnish a depends.exe report if it would be helpful.  I'm having the same issue myself as I'm getting the dreaded "not found" error for libffmpegmux.dll.  I think what it really means is that it cannot find the things that libffmpeg.dll requires.

From my log:

2014/01/12 11:25:37.06 : Error starting FfmpegRtpWriter: Unable to load DLL 'LibFfmpegMux.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

• Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:59 PM In reply to

• AlanC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Chicao Area

BTW, the other libffmpegmux.dll that was suggested requires all four of the above dll's and three more as well.  (So it could not "be found" on my system either.)

• Tue, Feb 4 2014 2:15 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

You need to install the visual studio 2012 runtime to use the version compiled for XP, although it's probalby about time to stop using XP too.

• Tue, Feb 4 2014 7:45 AM In reply to

• AlanC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Chicao Area

Installing Visual Studio 2012 RT didn't help the dependencies at all. 

I appreciate your efforts and suggestion to upgrade to Win7.  I've just been trying to keep my Sage video server machine on XP since it's been so stable that way for over five years.  I figure trying to reinstall SageTv now that they are in limbo is a little risky. 

This all falls on the greedy SOB's at Comcast!!!  Everything was great until those pricks encrypted all the QAM.  They just wanted to force their (rental) boxes into everyones' home so they can sell on-demand and start CHARGING for the HD that the stations are sending out for free!  If I absolutely have to upgrade to Win7 I will.  I've been running it on the other 6-7 machines in the house already, and all my machines at work.  So I actually like it.  Just didn't want to screw with a working Sage setup.  And I was SO CLOSE to pulling it off!  @#$%!!

• Sun, Mar 8 2015 10:34 PM In reply to

• George
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 14 2013

I'm having this problem too. My system is running Win 7 64b and I record .ts and use dump as my capture method. I just changed it to Ffmpeg and it records fine. Now I have to wait and see if a recording is unplayable again.

My symptoms are the same as everyone else: some recordings won't play on either the SageTV server or HD300 extenders. They play fine on VLC.

• Sat, Apr 25 2015 2:13 PM In reply to

Guess I've been lucky, until now. comcast user and 2 weeks ago started having these same symptoms. Is 2.7.2 with ffmpeg working reliably for folks as a solution to this problem? Thanks
  • Sat, Apr 25 2015 2:51 PM In reply to

• AlanC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Chicao Area

Yes, 2.7.0.2 has been working fine for me on my (Win7 32bit) for the last year.  I'm running two HDHR Prime's, four tuners on Sage, and the other two into another box with WMC (as a backup).  I have a scheduled reboot every night at 2AM, to keep Java and the box cleaned up.  Everything is about 98% reliable.  Comcast is the weak link.  Still get some failures now and then, but suspect it's nasty signal from Comcast, or Ethernet router puking on the network when DSL having problems.  When SageDCT/SageTV fails to record, many times WMC was able to record it.  I use VideoRedo to convert the wtv file into a .ts one.  Then I replace the original .ts with it on Sage.  That seems to work.

I also make sure that Sage is the only thing running during recordings, and I don't transfer files in/out, either.  Otherwise the disk/network traffic throws trash into the recordings. 

Filed under: , , , ,
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
@2008 andy vt