in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Comskip not finding commercials when run from DVRMS Toolbox - SOLVED

Last post Mon, Jan 7 2013 1:26 AM by grb2001. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:06 PM

• grb2001
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 17 2010

Comskip not finding commercials when run from DVRMS Toolbox - SOLVED

After a rebuild to boot from my SSD, auto commercial detection with comskip has gone awry.

I get "no commercials found" in my DTB log file (after only a few seconds of looking) and an empty .xml file, but when I later drop the same WTV file onto comskip.exe it works fine and produces a perfect .xml file.

Also, if I replace comskip with ShowAnalyzer it works fine, but comskip does a better job with detection, so I'd rather use it.

I'll attach the DTB log file and the comskip log file later as the size of the post sems to affect whether it gets through.

So, comskip works fine when run manually, DTB can kick off Show Analyser properly, but not comskip. It's like DTB isn't waiting for comskip to complete?

Any ideas?
         Geoff.

ps. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, DTB v1.2.2.5 and the latest donator version of comskip.

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:24 PM In reply to

• grb2001
    • Top 500 Contributor

Re: Comskip not finding commercials when run from DVRMS Toolbox.

comskip log attached.

• Mon, Jan 7 2013 1:26 AM In reply to

• grb2001
    • Top 500 Contributor

Re: Comskip not finding commercials when run from DVRMS Toolbox.

Solved!

Comskip was giving grief over the parameter passed to it by DTB from the Commercial Path value on the Commercial Skip tab.
    I had assumed this was just telling DTB where to look for it's commercials when skipping, but this is not the case!
    Anyway, my mistake was putting a trailing slash on the path... G:\Recorded TV\ instead of G:\Recorded TV
    This extra slash then upset comskip when it constructed it's file paths.

Now I have removed the slash, it all seems good.

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
@2008 andy vt