in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

WTV with AC3 audio to AAC conversion (commercials removed) for Silverlight compatibility

Last post Fri, Nov 25 2011 7:28 AM by babgvant. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 16 2011 12:56 PM

WTV with AC3 audio to AAC conversion (commercials removed) for Silverlight compatibility

I have been struggling for a while to make WHS 2011 to stream WTV files over the web access interface (which uses Silverlight). I have been using Shark007 in WHS 2011 and it works locally for all formats: WTV, MKV, MP4. However, when using WHS remote web access only MKV and MP4 work. I mmade some searchs and looks like current Silverlight version in WHS 2011 does not support AC3 (Dolby). I am not an expert on DVRMSToolbox so It would take me ages to create a profile to make it work. The WTV files are created using Hauppage HD DVR so I suspect there is a lot more people having the same issue. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
  • Wed, Nov 16 2011 12:59 PM In reply to

Re: WTV with AC3 audio to AAC conversion (commercials removed) for Silverlight compatibility

Forgot to mention that real goal is to switch from AC3 5.1 to AAC 5.1 (both supported on WTV container). Video files are 1080p H264.
  • Fri, Nov 25 2011 7:28 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 3 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: WTV with AC3 audio to AAC conversion (commercials removed) for Silverlight compatibility

So you want to convert your files to Native/AAC in a WTV container?  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
@2008 andy vt