in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Auto Rip N Compress Conversion Issues

Last post Tue, Nov 8 2011 8:29 PM by Khubo. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 8 2011 8:29 PM

• Khubo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 8 2011
    • SoCal

Auto Rip N Compress Conversion Issues

Hey All,

I thought I would start here and see where it takes me. I, like most of you, had been looking for a way to get all my media in one place. I came upon Auto Rip N Compress (Stand Alone) and thought (still do think) that my prayers had been answered. I immediately began ripping all my DVD's to uncompressed .WTV using MakeMKV. This worked perfectly for about the first 60 DVD's, at that point I inserted U-571. The rip process began ans seemed to run normally however, when it came time to convert the MKV to a .WTV file the process got hung up. I let it runover night and when I came back the next morning still no luck.

I was willing to chalk this up to a bad disc, or the DTS soundtrack on the disc. I killed the process and rebooted the computer. Unfortunately, every disc I have tried since that one behaves the same. The MakeMKV process works perfectly but they all hang up on the "Convert to .WTV" process. It even lets me continue to run MakeMKV and it just puts more blue dots on my taskbar, telling me that it is converting to .WTV. I even tried uninstalling all the components of ARC (MakeMKV, Haali, Auto Rip N Compress) and reinstalling, but no joy.

I don't mind the MKV's as they play perfectly on my HTPC but they don't work on my Linksys Extenders at all. Has anyone else had this problem and if I understand correctly Auto Rip N Compress uses ToDVRMS to convert to .WTV so what is my problem with ToDVRMS and how do I fix it? ToDVRMS seems to be the culprit as it won't work on it's own either. It begins running but never finishes.

Any help would be appreciated

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
@2008 andy vt