in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Subsonic Live Streaming

Last post Sat, Mar 3 2012 7:49 PM by isomerize. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 1 2011 11:59 AM

• jelwood
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 6 2006

Subsonic Live Streaming

Babgvant, I believe you are checking out subsonic right now. I have been looking for a solution that will convert videos to flash, or some other internet friendly format, and stream to "portable" devices. There are solutions that will do this (like Airvideo for Apple devices), but none of them work with "live tv" (another words a show that is still recording). They will stream but they only stream what has already been recorded and won't update the time stamps and continue to stream the new content that is recorded after you start streaming. Since you are checking out subsonic I was wondering if you have seen this feature in subsonic?
  • Tue, Nov 1 2011 6:56 PM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: Subsonic Live Streaming

1) Been a long time.  Welcome :)

2) Never heard ot subsonic, that's an interesting idea though.  I though there was a SageTV plugin that did that using mencoder.

• Tue, Nov 1 2011 8:17 PM In reply to

• jelwood
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 6 2006

It has been a long time... I've been a very happy SageTV user and until recently I haven't looked elsewhere. For obvious reasons I'm looking... However, if I'm going to change I want something that can do more than SageTV. One of the things I would like to see is this ability to stream LiveTV to my phone (or laptop). I've looked at most of the streamers out there like remote potato, Air Video, etc, and they are all based on either ffmpeg or mencoder. Unfortunately, these applications will only convert the video that has been recorded at the time you start the conversion (so if the show is an hour long and you start the conversion after 5 minutes, the conversion will stop once it reaches 5 minutes into the stream). Sorry, I just noticed that I had my facts wrong. You are looking at Jriver, not Subsonic (I'm looking at so many different things now I'm getting them confused). Keep us posted on your progress with Jriver, it will be interesting to see if you switch to it and remove SageTV completely. I'll keep looking for a solution, however, if you see anything that would solve the livetv streaming I want to do I would greatly appreciate it if you posted about it.
  • Sat, Mar 3 2012 7:49 PM In reply to

orry, i know this is an  old post, but checkout DVBLink 4, it enables live streaming to iOS, android, WP7, and HTTP.  You'd have to switch to Win7 Media Center and use the 1Geek1Tool HDPVR solution for Live TV, but it works and is very stable.

Subsonic rocks

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
@2008 andy vt