in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

WTV - MP4 no commercials (need help)

Last post Tue, Aug 23 2011 7:43 AM by tedbone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 3 2011 5:16 PM

• tedbone
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2007
    • TX

WTV - MP4 no commercials (need help)

I've been trying to acheive this, but the closest i've gotten was an MP4 file with slow /low pitch audio, and commercials were still there. I can succesuflly proceds wtv and older dvrms files for comm skipping, but thats about it. Win 7 home premium ShowAnalyzer DvrmsToolbox 1223 R3 I've tried many existing profiles and moded some, but no luck. Any pointers or profoles would be greatly appreciated.
  • Tue, Jul 5 2011 1:52 PM In reply to

• tedbone
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • TX

Re: WTV - MP4 no commercials (need help)

By the way, I have read through, and tried most of these tips, but still no success: http://babgvant.com/forums/p/4123/20111.aspx#20111
  • Fri, Jul 8 2011 1:21 PM In reply to

Could you elaborate as to what you have tried on that other thread.  As far as I know that profile and instructions should still work like a charm.  If not, please post the log so we can do a little debugging!

• Tue, Aug 23 2011 7:43 AM In reply to

• tedbone
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • TX

First, I installed the avivo package as described. Then, I downloaded the "Convert to DVRMS No Commercials.zip" and added the profiles to DVRMST. I've created tweaked profiles, and end up with failed conversions, or the audio is in a low pitch with normal video speed. I am away from my HTPC at the moment, so I cannot get you a log file.

Here are some other thoughts/ questons:

I've tried a newer release of MCEBuddy, and it has been successful in converting WTV to MP4 (although the MP4 is stereo, not surround sound (AC3?). I don't care for MCEBuddy, the service always stops and it's file renaming method isn't good nor useful.

Here is how I'd like to use DVRMST with ShowAnalyzer, and/or WTV-MetaRenamer:

1. Recorded TV first goes to the default Win7 Recorded TV public folder.

2. Each night, a program called WTV-MetaRenamer (http://wtvmetarenamer.codeplex.com/) renames & sorts the files by Series and Episode (works great after a cumbersome set-up). These shows are stored on my direct attached storage device (Drobo S) in a "TV" folder.

3. DVRMST scans both the Public Recorded TV, and my Drobo TV folder for commercial skipping.

-----So far this method works great. ShowAnalyzer is always scanning my directories and it seems to work solidly. DTB addin will ask to perform commercial skipping if I play a recorded show. I can't get DVRMST to rename and sort like what WTV-MetaRenamer does (if you know how, I'd gladly take some feedback). I want to keep my com-skipping/sorting/converting as simple as possible, and use only a few apps.

Next is what I'd like:

4. I would like to either convert these WTV files into new WTV files with the commercials stripped out (I've had no luck thus far),

-OR-

(preferably) convert the WTV into a commercial-cut MP4 with surround sound (AC3 passthrough i assume?) I like the compactness of MP4, and I can put these shows on my Android tablet, iPad, or WP7 phone.

If you know a better format I am all ears.

Sorry for the long explanation, but it takes so much work and planning to make something simple - nature of the beast.

Can any of you give me any pointers?

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
@2008 andy vt