in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

File Watcher Quirky behavior

Last post Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:19 AM by babgvant. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 29 2011 4:39 AM

File Watcher Quirky behavior

I am new to using this tool so forgive my ignorance.  I am getting content from RSS feeds and can manually convert files with no issues.  When I set things up to do it automated using the File Watcher is when things get goofy.  Filewatcher works for a few hours and then it will just stop processing files.  I look at the logs and they indicate that it is waiting for a thread to free up on many of the previous files it processed although they did process and move to the MC without issue.  They didn't appear to log anything though.  I am using the MKV to WTV TV Show profile.  When I look at the log for the file watcher service I get the below error fairly often even if the file processes.  If I look at the logs for the actual file that was processing when this happened it is waiting for a thread to free up.  I notice it always says it is trying to load a splitter or something and it can't so it is using the default.  Would adding another codec potentially help out with something.  It appears to be file watcher specific as I have had no issues with using GUI.  Last night it stopped processing a bunch of files so I cranked up the GUI and ran it on the directory and everything worked great.

3/28/2011 7:05:41 AM : PW Exit System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.
       at System.IO.__Error.WriterClosed()
       at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter.Write(Char[ buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
       at System.IO.TextWriter.WriteLine(String value)
       at System.IO.TextWriter.WriteLine(String format, Object arg0)

Filed under: ,
  • Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:19 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 3 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: File Watcher Quirky behavior

You can ignore that error.

I'm running down a similar issue with the FW right now.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
@2008 andy vt