in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Running Todvrms On A Wtv File Producing Bad Output

Last post Tue, Feb 8 2011 10:21 AM by babgvant. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 13 2011 6:12 AM

• TonyXL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 13 2011

Running Todvrms On A Wtv File Producing Bad Output

Hello,

I've tried running Todvrms on some of my wtv files and the resulting dvr-ms files won't play and have a smaller file size. I've got a short sample here (USA clear QAM mpeg2):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJ82V1ZO

Any chance you could check it out? I was using version 1.0.1.4.

Thank You!!

-Tony

Filed under:
  • Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:48 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 3 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: Running Todvrms On A Wtv File Producing Bad Output

Why not use the OOTB WTV->DVRMS tool?

• Mon, Jan 24 2011 5:29 PM In reply to

• TonyXL
    • Top 500 Contributor

What is the out of the box tool? Here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to convert a wtv to dvr-ms **while the wtv is still being written** (i.e., during the recording) so that comskip can run during the recording. Comskip just runs so much faster and more accurately for me than ShowAnalyzer and I need live commercial detection.

So is there a profile or something else built in to DTB that will do the conversion during the recording? I wrote a profile that calls your todvrms.exe (-w 300) when the recording starts, and about 50% of the time it works, giving me a .dvr-ms that is continually updated from an in-progress .wtv. But the other 50% of the time it stalls after 97MB or so of output. So I don't think todvrms.exe will do the trick.

I took a peek at SageMCTuner's SBEConvert.exe, since it looks like that is supposed to convert in-progress .wtv to .ts, but I couldn't get that to create any output.

I've also gotten a nightly ffmpeg to at least demux a .wtv into separate audio/video, but I don't know if ffmpeg can read an *in-progress* .wtv.

Would any of these options work for me, or am I stuck with ShowAnalyzer for live detection? Thanks for your help!

-Tony

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:58 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

Live conversion is going to be tough; SageMCTuner's SBEConvert.exe is the only tool I'm aware of that can do it, but you need to have AVIVO installed and it would require modification to support the scenario you're trying to enable.

• Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:10 AM In reply to

• TonyXL
    • Top 500 Contributor

I do have AVIVO installed but I couldn't get SBEConvert.exe to do anything (I don't even know the command line params it takes). But I guess it wasn't tasked for this purpose, so that's why it isn't working for me. Thanks for looking into it...

-Tony

• Tue, Feb 8 2011 10:21 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

SBEConvert uses Remoting to control execution.  You'd have to modify it or write an application to interact with it using the interface it provides.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
@2008 andy vt