in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

How about a WTVToolbox?

Last post Sun, Dec 12 2010 11:46 AM by NickF. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:26 AM

• NickF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 9 2010

How about a WTVToolbox?

DVRMSToolbox seems to work well but in Windows 7, Media Center recorded TV is in .WTV format.  The beauty of DVRMSToolbox is that it will automatically convert .DVRMS files as they are created by Media Center.  Can we have the same thing for Win 7 and .WTV?

Nick.

• Sat, Dec 11 2010 7:21 PM In reply to

• dougp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 12 2010

Re: How about a WTVToolbox?

I'd like to second that suggestion.  I have tried to convert .wtv files to .dvr-ms so that I can use ShowAnalyzer to cut the commercials out but no luck so far, even after sequentially installing the profile (1) & profile (1) updated that were posted here:  http://babgvant.com/forums/p/3299/18791.aspx#18791

After selecting  the profile 'Remove commercials, output DVR-MS, move to Recorded TV' I get the following output:

WaitTime: 5 PollTime
    Waiting to process file
    Queue file
    Duration = 00:00:01.0156250
    Waiting for available worker: 11/12/2010 7:20 PM
    Worker allocated: 11/12/2010 7:20 PM
    Find Commercials in file
    Create Analyzer: Automatic
    ShowAnalyzerSuite is not installed properly try ShowAnalyzer
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070422): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {671A7D0D-39FA-48C5-8932-22E65A3364D3} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422.
       at Durrant.Plugins.CommercialAnalyzer..ctor(String FileToAnalyze, AnalyzerPreference ap)
    Use Comskip
    Using comskip
    Running comskip this may take a while.

Run C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\comskip.exe "D:\recorded tv\The Walking Dead_4_'Vatos'.wtv" "C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml"

Finished Commercial Detectection
    No commercials found
    Action did not complete successfully
    Total Duration = 00:00:08.0957031

Can anyone help?

Filed under: ,
  • Sat, Dec 11 2010 8:10 PM In reply to

dougp:

I'd like to second that suggestion.  I have tried to convert .wtv files to .dvr-ms so that I can use ShowAnalyzer to cut the commercials out but no luck so far, even after sequentially installing the profile (1) & profile (1) updated that were posted here:  http://babgvant.com/forums/p/3299/18791.aspx#18791

After selecting  the profile 'Remove commercials, output DVR-MS, move to Recorded TV' I get the following output:

WaitTime: 5 PollTime
    Waiting to process file
    Queue file
    Duration = 00:00:01.0156250
    Waiting for available worker: 11/12/2010 7:20 PM
    Worker allocated: 11/12/2010 7:20 PM
    Find Commercials in file
    Create Analyzer: Automatic
    ShowAnalyzerSuite is not installed properly try ShowAnalyzer
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070422): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {671A7D0D-39FA-48C5-8932-22E65A3364D3} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422.
       at Durrant.Plugins.CommercialAnalyzer..ctor(String FileToAnalyze, AnalyzerPreference ap)
    Use Comskip
    Using comskip
    Running comskip this may take a while.

Run C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\comskip.exe "D:\recorded tv\The Walking Dead_4_'Vatos'.wtv" "C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml"

Finished Commercial Detectection
    No commercials found
    Action did not complete successfully
    Total Duration = 00:00:08.0957031

Can anyone help?

Please post the log for the profile you downloaded in the other thread. In the processing condition editor you need to select the profile you downloaded for the every file condition. You only need to use that profile if you want to use the old version of sa or comskip. If you can get sa suite it scans wtv's natively.
  • Sun, Dec 12 2010 12:30 AM In reply to

• NickF
    • Not Ranked

For me, the key issue here is to have recorded wtv files already converted to MPEG2 so that they can be accessed by DNLA TVs without having to transcode in flight.  It also means that most DNLA servers will be able to handle recorded TV.  None will handle wtv files today.

Nick.

• Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:09 AM In reply to

• dougp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 12 2010

Thanks for helping.  I successfully cut the commercials using profile:  'cut commercials, convert to mpeg', however the video remained in WTV format and was not converted to mpg.

I attempted to download and install the Fun w/Avivo .zip file but don't see the extracted files in the Dtb program folder and the 'convert to mpg using avivo' profile does not appear in the gui.  DTBVideoEditor returns the error:  'AVIVO must be installed to select this container' when MPG is selected as the target container .  Will look for a more appropriate thread in which to post this or start a new one.  TIA for any help.

• Sun, Dec 12 2010 7:03 AM In reply to

dougp:

Thanks for helping.  I successfully cut the commercials using profile:  'cut commercials, convert to mpeg', however the video remained in WTV format and was not converted to mpg.

I attempted to download and install the Fun w/Avivo .zip file but don't see the extracted files in the Dtb program folder and the 'convert to mpg using avivo' profile does not appear in the gui.  DTBVideoEditor returns the error:  'AVIVO must be installed to select this container' when MPG is selected as the target container .  Will look for a more appropriate thread in which to post this or start a new one.  TIA for any help.

See other thread.

• Sun, Dec 12 2010 7:04 AM In reply to

You can use the wtv converter in windows to convert to dvrms or you could use the DTB Video Editor to cut commercial and convert to mpg.  This is not real time but takes maybe 5 min after the recording completes.  Both of these can be automated using the toolbox.

• Sun, Dec 12 2010 10:38 AM In reply to

• NickF
    • Not Ranked

Ahh!  I didn't realise the Toolbox could do this.  Can someone point me in the right direction for an existing profile to call the Windows WTV converter - I'm new to this!  Thanks.

Nick.

• Sun, Dec 12 2010 11:10 AM In reply to

NickF:

Ahh!  I didn't realise the Toolbox could do this.  Can someone point me in the right direction for an existing profile to call the Windows WTV converter - I'm new to this!  Thanks.

Nick.

The attached profile will get you started.

• Sun, Dec 12 2010 11:46 AM In reply to

• NickF
    • Not Ranked

Many thanks.  I'll have a play.

Nick.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
@2008 andy vt