in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

System Overload Error when Processing Directory (DVRMSTB 1.2.2.1)

Last post Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:18 PM by pcmix9250. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:18 PM

System Overload Error when Processing Directory (DVRMSTB 1.2.2.1)

Hey.

Just so you know, last night, I ran into a new error when trying to process a directory - which did not happen, to my knowledge, when I used TB 1.2.2.0; so this is a bug report to all.

For this example, I will tell you that my commercial analyzer detection default is through Showanalyzer*.

So I wanna process a directory from a folder's remaining files in the .dvr-ms format (without choosing sub-folders).

I go something like this (if the log file doesn't tell you already):

DVRMSTOOLBOXGUI 1.2.2.1 (open application):

PROCESSING DIRECTORY: I:\RECORDED TV\TEMPORARY FOLDER (FOR EDITING & DVD AUTHORING)* [EXT: .dvr-ms]

OUTPUT DIRECTORY: I:\RECORDED TV\TEMPORARY FOLDER (FOR EDITING & DVD AUTHORING)

PROCESS PRIORITY: ABOVE NORMAL

PROFILE: REMOVE COMMERCIALS, OUTPUT DVR-MS, MOVE TO RECORDED TV

(Use Selected Profile - Enabled), Run:

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int16.
       at System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
       at System.Convert.ToInt16(String value)
       at Durrant.DVRMSToolbox.ToolRunner.Main(String[ args)

* Note: This error occurs regardless of the Analyzers' setting, and does not happen when processing an individual file. (The font style is not case-sensitive). As far as processing individually, the profile or app. works fine... except for not detecting very many commercials and/or trimming the beginning of the show.)

* Note: I must output to .dvr-ms before converting to MPEG, due to needing to extract CC data to SRT file (otherwise, they are lost) from CC GUI - Windows Version. 

Please reply with what may be wrong and if it plans on being fixed in the next release; in addition, please suggest to me if a rollback to 1.2.2.0 is recommended for now, or if I will have more problems doing so. Also note, unrelated to this incident, that DVRMSVideoEditor will not allow me to convert to MPEG format, but the application will.

General, default actions for my use in this program include, conversion to MPEG and editing commercials in external, installed software applications; although this works well later, it is very time-consuming and challenging to do so... and I cannot do the video this way for most of my recordings, especially longer recordings (such as shows, specials or movies presentations that exceed 3 hours (any duration from 3 - 8 hours broadcast time)... so I hope to use a stable version of DVRMSTB.

Here is my system (and yes, I am using the Vista versions of this program on XP, for updated features and compatibility):

DELL DIMENSION 9100 

TV Tuners:

Dual, Internal - Angel MPEG Devices

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Version 2002, Service Pack 3 (with Update Rollup 2 prior to SP3 installation)

Computer:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00Ghz

2.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

P.S. I am beginning to understand that processing takes Memory and/or CPU; I don't know the difference between free Memory and CPU... or if my system has 1 or 2 cores for processing.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
@2008 andy vt