in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Remux H264 .wtv Recorded TV to .ts or .mkv? (with all audio intact?)

Last post Mon, Apr 12 2010 11:34 AM by babgvant. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:52 AM

• noggin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 11 2010

Remux H264 .wtv Recorded TV to .ts or .mkv? (with all audio intact?)

Hi there I'm based in the UK and watching UK and Nordic HDTV - which is all H264 (either 1080i25 or 720p50). I have a lot of recordings made in 7MC in .wtv format, and would like to be able to play them on other platforms. It looks like DVRMS Toolbox should be able to do what I want - but I can't seem to make it do it. I've installed the latest version I can find 1.2.2.1. Is it possible to use the tools provided to remux (i.e. not re-encode) a .wtv with H264 video and MP2 and AC3 audio streams to either .ts or .mkv without re-encoding, and either selecting audio streams or passing all of them. I've tried loading the file into DTBVideoEditor - and it plays fine in there to let me watch it. However when I set the Target Container to MKV and the Video and Audio to Native, don't tick any of the boxes like Use Cutlist etc., when I click on Convert I get the following error : Error in Do Work - Value of '-214783648' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'. Paramater name 'Value' I've installed the latest version of Haali muxer as required. I don't have SageTV so can't test the TS output option AFAIK? I looked at the DVRMSToolbox GUI, but I can't find an 'Output as MKV without conversion' option - and the MKV options there don't seem to work? File in question is recorded from SVT HD 720p50 with MP2 2.0 and AC3 5.1 audio. Media Info is : Audio : MPEG Audio - sv - SE Video : MPEG 0x0 (though the video is AVC/H264 not MPEG2 AIUI) Lots of Others : with lots of hex string Audio : AC-3 - sv - SE Another Other : with a long hex string I can provide a few short recordings probably - though at the moment I'm not near my satellite recording set-up. Thanks for anyone who can help.
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Mon, Apr 12 2010 11:34 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: Remux H264 .wtv Recorded TV to .ts or .mkv? (with all audio intact?)

You should be able to do a straight container swap for 1 video and 1 audio stream to MKV using native/native as the targets.

If that doesn't work LMK where I can dl a small sample file, and I'll have a look.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
@2008 andy vt