in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Help on directshow (h264 HDTV) and Windows7

Last post Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:20 AM by babgvant. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:08 AM

Help on directshow (h264 HDTV) and Windows7

Hi to all

My name is Gianluca and I developed a program in C++ (no .NET or C#) for HTPC.

This software (called Chimera) is able to watch movies, pictures, dvd, and TV (supports for many cards analog,dvbt and dvbs)

This software is absolutely free and many users are using in italy (www.htpcitalia.net).

I use at home with my htpc, I have an Hauppauge HVR1300 and a DVBS tuner, I can record simultaneously from both, or view livetv by one while the other is recording.

If someone is interested I can upload software and a small manual (written i italian, but I could translate)

Anyway, the support for DVBS2 (H264) is missing.

I know that Windows7 MCE is able to view HDTV (in particular SkyHD) but I don't know how to handle dvbs2. I have a PC with Skystar HD2, Windows7 with Visual C++ express and Windows7 SDK, I can tune a channel HD and I can record a .ts for HD (so the tuner and tuning is OK) but I don't know how to create a graph watch live (or timeshift) HDTV. If I create graph as with DVBS tuner, I see only black frames.

Someone could help me?

regards

Gianluca

• Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:10 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: Help on directshow (h264 HDTV) and Windows7

have you tried creating a graph that writes WTV files using your capture device as the source?
  • Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:44 AM In reply to

Yes, I tried, and it works fine for SD channels, but not for HD channels.

I suspect I miss something in filter configuration.

Do you confirm that with WIndows 7 Directshow is possible to watch HD h264 tv channels?

I'd like to post an image with graph I use, but I don't know how to add the image

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:11 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

It's possible.  WTV can contain 1080p h.264 streams.

What happens when you build the graph?  The VA is picky about media type and requires samples that implement IAttributeGet/Set (this is undocumented).

• Fri, Jan 22 2010 6:38 AM In reply to

I uploaded on my website the manual (in italian) of chimera, just to have an idea of that program.

There is also a screenshot of the graph I use for HDTV channel

http://files.proximaautomation.com/bin/chimera/

This graph is the same I use for SD channels.

The graph is builded regularly, all pins are connected, the tuner is tune on specifed channel, demultiplexer is set on correct pids, but I see only black frames, and I don't know what I should do because no info is available on MSDN and in internet in general.

I've read many posts on this site regards a TSFilter (for sink and source); do you think that this filter could help me?

• Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:06 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

So that graph only shows black frames?

TBH, I've never tried to build a tuner graph so I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:50 PM In reply to

It's working now!

There were problems about use of Microsoft Network Provider and H264 channels PID (wrong scan)!

Now I continue to study for WTV source (how to map audio stream for SBE2, ex SBE2Crossbar and so on)

Have you any experience on that?

Bye

Gianluca

• Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:20 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

I just started looking into that, so nothing useful yet :)
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
@2008 andy vt