in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

"DTBAddin Program Has Stopped Responding ... Returning You Back to Windows Media Center Now"

Last post Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:16 PM by steveken. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:09 AM

"DTBAddin Program Has Stopped Responding ... Returning You Back to Windows Media Center Now"

Newbie Read the FAQ and the posts on this issue. Have inputted the registry keys suggested. Running Windows 7 Professional 64bit 8.0gb ram very frustrated. tried the elevated cmd. have uninstalled, reinstalled. Tried manual uninstall reinstall but access got denied so i had to system restore. please help. p.s. running latest 1.0 build of SA, registered w/ valid license key.
  • Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:11 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 3 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: "DTBAddin Program Has Stopped Responding ... Returning You Back to Windows Media Center Now"

Do you get any indication of what the error is?  If not might be worthwhile to add the MC addin error details key to find out.

• Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:02 PM In reply to

Re: "DTBAddin Program Has Stopped Responding ... Returning You Back to Windows Media Center Now"

Where can I download that program?
  • Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:04 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\Extensibility]
    "EnableErrorDetails"=dword:00000001

• Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:03 PM In reply to

Ok, I entered that key into the registry. Where do I find the error log for the details on the error msg?

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:13 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

when the addin crashes MC will write the error on the screen.

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:24 AM In reply to

I thought that was what was supposed to happen. However, last night when I started 7 Media Center, I got the same old error message without any further details.

I copied the text you posted and saved it as a registry entry. Was there anything else I was supposed to do?

• Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:19 AM In reply to

I started getting this a week or two ago as well.  I did just apply the new mediacenter 7 patch last week, but this thread has been active since before the patch so that is unlikely to be the cause.  I *think* that the problem appeared before I applied the patch.  I am running Win7 RTM 32-bit.  I have completely uninstalled/reinstalled the add-in, but that had no effect.  Any ideas what may be causing this? 

Filed under:
  • Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:39 AM In reply to

Doh!  Found MY issue:  The directory I had specified in in the Commercial Path on the Commercial Skip tab in DVRMSToolbox was not accessible for read/write.  Giving Everyone R/W permission to this folder solved the issue.

• Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:16 PM In reply to

Well, I have tried the error reporting registry entry posted here and done the R/W permissions like kdurigan posted, I still get the message that it stopped responding. Not quite sure what to do. Can't get it to uninstall either...at least not in a way I am comfortable with. The manual uninstall makes me a little nervous.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
@2008 andy vt