in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Advice on Converting Large Numbers of Files

Last post Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:55 PM by cfalzone. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:20 AM

Advice on Converting Large Numbers of Files

I started using DTb to convert torrent downloads to DVR-MS following the popular engadget article. I love it so far, and it works good most of the time. However, I still have 40 some Episodes (all avi and mkv) that I haven't watched yet that I would like to do the same for. Being the noob that I am I copied and pasted the episodes into the Recorded TV folder and left for work thinking that it would be done or at least well on the way when I returned. I take it this was a bad idea because when I came home my computer was out of memory, everything was hung and I had to reboot the PC. I think I was able to get it all cleaned up with the temporary files and log files cleaned up and I've moved the files I need to convert out of the folder now. So, my question is ... What is the best way to go about converting a large number of files? Or should I just deal with watching them the old way (from the video library in MC). Thanks!
  • Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:47 AM In reply to

Re: Advice on Converting Large Numbers of Files

Use the DVRMSToolbox GUI and select process folder.  Set your input folder and output folder and select the correct profile.

• Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:49 AM In reply to

Also, see the following thread for more info if you still have problems with memory.

http://babgvant.com/forums/t/3003.aspx

• Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:15 PM In reply to

Thanks! I'll try that out tonight and see how it goes.
  • Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:54 PM In reply to

So, I tried this today and I got the following error: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int16. at System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.Convert.ToInt16(String value) at Durrant.DVRMSToolbox.ToolRunner.Main(String[ args) For Processing Directory I had: C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Not Watched - Need Converted For Output Directory I had: C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV I set process Priority to AboveNormal I set Profile to Convert AVI to DVR-MS - mencoder Any Ideas? Thanks!
  • Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:55 PM In reply to

on a side note .. how do you put newlines in a post?
  • Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:02 PM In reply to

NVM - I changed the process priority to normal and it appears to be working just fine :) Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
@2008 andy vt