in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Is the Extra Step to Skip Commercials neccessary in my case?

Last post Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:40 AM by cfalzone. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:24 AM

Is the Extra Step to Skip Commercials neccessary in my case?

I am probably one of the many who have stumbled upon DTb via Engadget's post about making a DVR out of torrents and rss. It's taken me some learning about all what is going on to get it all up and running, but it seems to work well. I have a couple questions about the process to help me understand what exactly is going and how to improve upon the process a little. First, when a new avi or mkv file is downloaded and moved into the folder, filewatcher picks it up and starts the "Convert X to DVR-MS" Processing Condition. This (9 times out of 10) seems to work great. After it has done its moves the dvrms file into the same directory. Of course filewatcher picks this up and it starts an "Every Sage File" or "Every File" Processing Condition. Looking at that Processing Condition (hope I am using the right term there) it looks like all it does is skip the commercials. So, my question is, Is that last step necessary in my case? I am downloading a torrent so I would assume that the commercials are already stripped. If so can I just remove the "Every Sage File" and "Every File" Processing Condition, or better yet, configure them so that they don't run in this case? Thanks to all the people making this thing work. I can't say that I even begin to really understand all what is happening, but it works great.
  • Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:23 AM In reply to

Re: Is the Extra Step to Skip Commercials neccessary in my case?

Yeah, if all your programs are downloaded from the internet without commericals, then just go ahead and remove the two conditions you suggest.

• Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: Is the Extra Step to Skip Commercials neccessary in my case?

Great! Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
@2008 andy vt