in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Unable to launch. DVRMSToolbox1108

Last post Sat, Oct 24 2009 7:57 AM by jpslynch. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:42 AM

Unable to launch. DVRMSToolbox1108

I'm trying to install DVRMSToolbox1108 (which I believe is the latest version to be using on MCE 2005 Rollup 2). Everything seems to install properly but I get the following error message.

User: HP_Administrator
    Unable to launch. System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed.
       at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library)
       at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine)
       at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(String processName, String machineName)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(String processName)
       at babgVant.MediaCenter.CommercialSkipAddIn.CommercialSkip.GetEhShellProcess()
       at babgVant.MediaCenter.CommercialSkipAddIn.CommercialSkip.Microsoft.MediaCenter.AddIn.IAddInEntryPoint.Launch(AddInHost host)

I have verified everything in the troubleshooting area

http://babgvant.com/Wiki/view.aspx/DVRMSToolbox/Commercial_Skip_Addin/TroubleShootingCommercialSkip

I have tried the steps outlined in the following post.

http://babgvant.com/forums/p/126/413.aspx#413

My performance meter seems to work fine. Although, I did delete the old perf files in windows\system32 just to be sure.

I have gone through the register looking for any "Disable Performance Counters" set to 1. I did find a few and set them to 0. Interestingly no matter what I do the "Routing and Remote Access" which is disabled in Services gets reset to 1 every time the Media Center is restarted (close and start) even if I delete the entry it is recreated and set to 1. But really is this the problem? Seems unlikely.

So, I'm really stuck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Mon, Oct 19 2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: Unable to launch. DVRMSToolbox1108

http://www.google.com/search?q=System.InvalidOperationException%3A+Process+performance+counter+is+disabled%2C+so+the+requested+operation+cannot+be+performed.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

• Sat, Oct 24 2009 7:57 AM In reply to

Re: Unable to launch. DVRMSToolbox1108

Well after trying a number of things I replaced perfc009.dat and perfh009.dat files from the original Windows XP install disk and it resolved my performance counter problem. Thanks! (Unfortunately, I now have the dreaded "Could not initialize MceState" for which I will create a separate post since I have exhausted most suggestions.)

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
@2008 andy vt