in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

LCDWriter and Win7 64-bit Problem

Last post Wed, Oct 14 2009 10:38 AM by babgvant. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:22 PM

• ahdf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 11 2007

LCDWriter and Win7 64-bit Problem

Ok im running x64 of win7 rtm and installed lcd writer with nmediapc L.I.S MCE and tried both the hd***.dll's and only the 32-bit one says it does L.I.S and i think i read that the 32 bit one is the one to use even though its a 64 bit system? I got the 2 drivers working once i installed it with driver signing set to test mode, i just signed the drivers and the both loaded up fine. I checked the windows startup and application logs in the  event viewer. After i signed the drivers they loaded up fine. I then found the lcdwriter app appeared to load, but my lcd did not appear to be affected. I.E., it did nothing. So I thought i should check here. I was running the mplay software before. Oh and its a serial usb device, so im not sure if its supported? I thought since L.I.S MCE was supported that it would support my device?

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Oct 14 2009 10:38 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 3 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: LCDWriter and Win7 64-bit Problem

the lismce device uses a com port so the interaction should be platform independant (i.e. only one implementation should be necessary).  you do need to tell lcdwrite what com port and speed to use in it's settings tool.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
@2008 andy vt