in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

ToDVRMS 1.0.0.9 Bug - .wtv to .dvr-ms

Last post Mon, May 25 2009 12:40 PM by babgvant. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 24 2009 3:56 PM

ToDVRMS 1.0.0.9 Bug - .wtv to .dvr-ms

Hey all.

Just want it out in the open, and maybe someone can give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong, related to converting .wtv to .dvr-ms files:

I uploaded a 60 minute episode of "The Young and the Restless" from 2003, which originally was from 1996, to .wtv. The digital tuner that I have, Pinnacle Ultimate Stick, really improved the quality of the tape (thanks PCTV)... even before the switch to DTV.

So next, I try to do the conversion in/oustide DVRMSToolbox to .dvr-ms, and another issue happens. The .dvr-ms file produced an extra 15 minutes of playback, from a 60 minute broadcast.

Ofcourse I have been able to correct the commercial points in ComViewer, but still, I have a 60 minute show in .wtv, but a 75 minute recorded file in .dvr-ms. What's wrong here?

In addition, I'm guessing because of this error, I am unable to navigate the show normally in ComViewer... so I must watch the whole thing each time.

The last step I tried to take was FixDVRMSDuration.exe (1 or 2), but it did not reduce the duration back to 60 minutes in the new file. So, I am stuck with a 75 minute recording of a 60 minute program... any thoughts?

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, one 1GB memory, and all the other specs.

I guess my burning question is, now that I have found a way to convert to dvr-ms (for processing), how do I adjust my programs so that it will playback at 60 minutes, not 75?

Any responses would be nice. Also is this a thing to fix when the new version comes?

Thanks,

Gregory K

Filed under: ,
  • Sun, May 24 2009 6:32 PM In reply to

Re: ToDVRMS 1.0.0.9 Bug - .wtv to .dvr-ms

Dear Babgvant (Community),

I tried using the ToDVRMS application, and I got a result for my second file I uploaded to my PC (Exertnal Hard-Drive)*

* from a VHS, recorded to .wtv by Media Center.

It was another recording of "The Young and the Restless" this time from 2007, and the episode originally from 1995, that I tried converting to .dvr-ms.

Again, a 60 minute recording failed to give the proper duration in the result from ToDVRMS... now it's a 95 minute file after processing.

Before, it gave me this:

InputFile=I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KOMO_2009_05_24_17_00_00.wtv
    Processing actions, this may take some time!!
    Run Profile = WTV to DVRMS
    ProcessId = 7096
    DvrmsToolbox Version: 1.2.1.7
    Throttle DVRMStoMPEG
    FWThrottle: I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KOMO_2009_05_24_17_00_00.wtv
    WaitTime: 1 PollTime
    Waiting to process file
    Queue file
    Duration = 00:00:01.0260000
    Waiting for available worker: 5/24/2009 6:20 PM
    Worker allocated: 5/24/2009 6:20 PM
    Get Video Information
    720x480 : 4x3 ATSC=False
    Duration = 00:00:04.2060000
    Get the value of Context["InputFile"] and set the value of Context["DvrmsFile"]
    Context["InputFile"] = I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KOMO_2009_05_24_17_00_00.wtv
    Context["DvrmsFile"] = I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KOMO_2009_05_24_17_00_00.dvr-ms
    Duration = 00:00:00.0110000
    Run C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\todvrms\todvrms.exe "I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KOMO_2009_05_24_17_00_00.wtv" "I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KIRO_2007_12_25_11_00_00.dvr-ms"
    Run C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\todvrms\todvrms.exe "I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KOMO_2009_05_24_17_00_00.wtv" "I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KIRO_2007_12_25_11_00_00.dvr-ms"
    Unspecified error

I'm looking at what I know are some specifics, and I cannot figure this out. I guess where to start... it is the type of content, non-ATSC --> NTSC recordings... or what is the problem?

Next, is there a release to ToDVRMS that is coming up that will have the patch/fix?

Again, same computer, Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, 1GB Memory...

Please someone, post an answer...

Thanks,

Gregory K

arg[0] = I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KOMO_2009_05_24_17_00_00.wtv
    arg[1] = I:\recorded tv\The Young and the Restless_KIRO_2007_12_25_11_00_00.dvr-ms

Duration = 00:00:05.0320000
    Total Duration = 00:00:10.2860000

pcmix9250:

Hey all.

Just want it out in the open, and maybe someone can give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong, related to converting .wtv to .dvr-ms files:

I uploaded a 60 minute episode of "The Young and the Restless" from 2003, which originally was from 1996, to .wtv. The digital tuner that I have, Pinnacle Ultimate Stick, really improved the quality of the tape (thanks PCTV)... even before the switch to DTV.

So next, I try to do the conversion in/oustide DVRMSToolbox to .dvr-ms, and another issue happens. The .dvr-ms file produced an extra 15 minutes of playback, from a 60 minute broadcast.

Ofcourse I have been able to correct the commercial points in ComViewer, but still, I have a 60 minute show in .wtv, but a 75 minute recorded file in .dvr-ms. What's wrong here?

In addition, I'm guessing because of this error, I am unable to navigate the show normally in ComViewer... so I must watch the whole thing each time.

The last step I tried to take was FixDVRMSDuration.exe (1 or 2), but it did not reduce the duration back to 60 minutes in the new file. So, I am stuck with a 75 minute recording of a 60 minute program... any thoughts?

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, one 1GB memory, and all the other specs.

I guess my burning question is, now that I have found a way to convert to dvr-ms (for processing), how do I adjust my programs so that it will playback at 60 minutes, not 75?

Any responses would be nice. Also is this a thing to fix when the new version comes?

Thanks,

Gregory K

• Mon, May 25 2009 5:50 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

so you're using Fiji?
  • Mon, May 25 2009 12:31 PM In reply to

What is Fiji?

I'm not that technical when it comes to this..., but I have the Vista TV-Pack from 2008... which enables more tuners and produces the .wtv file.

I was looking for updates at the time, to get rid of the window mode crashing, and I found the TV Pack. It fixed my problems, however it introduced me to .wtv files.

If I am not supposed to use this, please let me know how to uninstall it cause I can't find a "Fix It" or similar option for removing the TV Pack.

If the TV Pack is a good option, then let me know it too...

Altogether, I'm stuck. I may have Fiji and not know it, nor how it affects the conversion, but I am looking to process my .dvr-ms files. Please note, sometime before I had the update, I still have files originally in .dvr-ms format; those were easier to manage.

I guess I'm just learning about new updates, and I still haven't figured out this new DTV change coming in June, so I hope that my lack of knowledge isn't a problem.

What I do know, is my intended purpose of these recordings... to strip the commercials, extract the CC, and play with them until they are one for my burner. It was much easier to do this without the TV Pack, but the program before kept crashing.

So now that you know all that, unless there is a patch for this TV Pack, what is the next step? I guess being a tech guy, instead of a visual person (using GUIs like myself), you might know more answers that I don't. But I do know that the TV Pack has been installed since Dec 2008, and I get updates through Windows Update to it... if that is called Fiji, I didn't know it.

I am personally nowhere near understanding the new changes, but starting next month, we should have more channels coming from our Cable TV provider (Broadstripe) applying to our area, as well as the DTV switch. This is why I have my PCTV Ultimate stick configured as a tuner receiver...

I still receive my cable signal, and the cables to the cable signal are screw-on to the back of my computer, but the latest is: I have TV Pack 2008, I have a PCTV Ultimate Stick plugged into USB in the back to receive this new digital channels, and I have MCE 3.3 installed for that stick.

Please note that my cables for my Cable signal, still say analog tuners. I may, in June, receive ATSC through the DTV switch... but nothing fancy like HD content or latest stuff applies.

All I want is to take my edited movies and shows, take out the commercials, convert the CC to subtitles, and burn a DVD-Video disc. And yes, I still use Vista Media Center to record.

I apologize if I am going off about nothing, but this is very hard stuff to understand. My knowledge goes to the intended result, and I need help understanding the steps to get there.

Thanks for the responses, please continue to respond.

Gregory K

babgvant:
    so you're using Fiji?

• Mon, May 25 2009 12:40 PM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

Fiji is the codename for the TV Pack.

I can't support Fij, it's broken.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)