in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

Help - Media Player Problem after installation

Last post Tue, Oct 21 2008 10:46 AM by babgvant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 19 2008 6:19 AM

• Dennis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 19 2008

Help - Media Player Problem after installation

I installed DVR-MS toolkit to convert my recordings.I should have read up more about it as I think I shouldn't have installed the extras. I didn't really want it for commercial skipping but I found that there was a big delay when starting playback and it was complaining about not finding a particular file,

I tried going through the setting to stop it interacting with Media Centre and non of the setting made no difference. I've uninstalled it. Reinstalled it. When it was uninstalled, Media Centre came up with a dialogue asking if I wanted to diable the plug in which I did. Now Media Centre shows a static frame (from the resume point) when the menu shows (on mouse movement) until the menu disapears when the playback is normal. It also shows a static frame when adverts are on. In full screen when the menu disappears, the picture flickers

I've managed to get myself into a real mess and would appreciate advice on how to get shut of the whole load of software or to enable the plug in (there are no configuration options anywhere) so I can use it or ignore it..

Media Centre is pretty much unusable and the only solutionn I can think of is a reinstall of Vista.

I am running Vista Home Preminum 32 bit and use DVB Viewer for HD.

TIA. Dennis

• Sun, Oct 19 2008 9:17 AM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Not Ranked

Re: Help - Media Player Problem after installation

Update: I have installed the MCE plug in from the separate download and have managed to get the picture stable.Now I get the persistent message "The Graph was Unable to load the Show (Commercial Skip Stopped) Please Restart Media Center or Extender". It appears on starting playback and everytime the mouse over menu appears. It also appears when the adverts start although the video goes black with the audio in the background. When the adverts are over the video starts again with with the appearance of the message.

It is better to a point but it does ruin the experience. Any ideas anyone?

• Sun, Oct 19 2008 10:32 AM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Not Ranked

I think I have it solved part of it. Thanks to shadymg's guide http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1031&Itemid=1

I uninstalled and reinstalled, adding everyone with all permissions on all the DTB folders. It has stopped putting up the message and now asks if I want to scan for commercials.And it skips commercials!

The earlier problems still exist.

1. The picture still goes to the resume point when the mouse over menu comes up which stays until the menu disappears.

2..When in full screen the picture is fluid except for the flickering which appears to be a frame from when the mouse over menu disappears.

Any idea would be greatfully received. TIA

• Tue, Oct 21 2008 10:46 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

DTB doesn't effect playback quality.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
@2008 andy vt