This morning I tried replacing the comskip.exe with a 79_132 version from the developer's website. I think it's up to 79_143, but the readme stated the 132 build was the last stable version. It *appeared* to be working when I left for work this morning, but I'll know for sure when I get home. For the past few days, it seemed to kick off ok, but I got the Windows "A program has stopped working" message after a few minutes.
I also added the fwlogs directory as mine was originally missing as well.
I should mention I'm using DVRMSToolbox 188.8.131.52 (x64), which I believe includes comskip version 79_113.