in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

"The Graph Was Unable to Load the Show"

Last post Sun, Mar 21 2010 5:29 PM by babgvant. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 13 2008 8:42 AM

• taward
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 12 2008

"The Graph Was Unable to Load the Show"

I've seen a few references to this error, but no resolution.

I had 1.1.0.6 loaded and running perfectly.  One day it just stopped working and gave me this message.  I can't just live with it b/c every time i try to fast forward it pops that message up and won't let me do anything until I acknowledge it.  The Event Viewer was no help.  It logged an error but no smoking guns:

Event Type:       Error
    Event Source:    CommercialSkipAddIn
    Event Category: None
    Event ID:           0
    Date:                1/13/2008
    Time:                10:20:22 AM
    User:                N/A
    Computer:  TARIK-MEDIA
    Description:
    User: Tarik
    Unable to access filter graph for current show. System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
       at Toub.MediaCenter.AddIns.MceGraph.GetGraphForProcess(Int32 pid, Int32 filterNum)
       at Toub.MediaCenter.AddIns.MceGraph.GetCurrentMediaInfo(Int32 pid)
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Trouble shooting steps already taken:

• Uninstalled  1.1.0.6 and reinstalled it: no love
    • Uninstalled 1.1.0.6 and installed 1.1.0.7: no love
    • Checked folder permissions: no love
    • Made sure I registered the commskip app: no love
    • uninstalled any remnants of ffdshow: no love
    • Followed every step of the setup guide: no love

So, seeing that it was working fine at one point, something else is going on.  The only thing I've done is mucked with my DVD decoders and installed My Movies plug-in (along with DAEMON tools).  I have the latest NVIDIA Pure DVD decoder.

All ideas welcome.  Please help.

• Mon, Jan 14 2008 11:01 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: "The Graph Was Unable to Load the Show"

That's an odd one, can't remember seeing it before.  Personally, I'd try to do a system restore to when it worked; if that didn't work I'd rebuild it.  You can disable the addin (or unregister it) to make it stop prompting you.
  • Mon, Jan 14 2008 8:50 PM In reply to

• taward
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 12 2008

No dice.  I restored it. Removed all extraneous add-ins (My Movies).  Uninstalled and reinstalled The DVRMS suite.  By rebuild, did you mean reinstall MCE?  Yea, don't think that's gonna happen.

I've seen this error pop up a few times in a few forums, but no one seems to have an answer.  So let me ask a different question.

What does this message mean?  Is MCE or DVRMS looking for a file it can't find?  Perhaps a corrupt registry value?

• Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:01 PM In reply to

I'm having the same error "The graph was unable to load the show (Commercialskip stopped) please restart media center or extender."  I'm running MCE on Win 7 32 bit.

I have tried installing the toolbox and have also tried scouring the forums for a solution to get this up and running.  I've done the following.

1. I did the custom file registration listed here: http://babgvant.com/forums/p/1281/6805.aspx#6805

2. Open an elevated command prompt and run the following "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe  /codebase "%ProgramFiles%\DvrmsToolbox\MCEState.dll"

Then when opening the DVRMSToolbox settings I would get the error: "proppage.dll is not registered on this machine", so after searching around on the net I found a copy of this file in a small download as described on a site (http://www.apecity.com/tivo/) with the file here (http://www.apecity.com/tivo/graphedit_dx9.zip).  I then downloaded this and registered it with regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\proppage.dll and it registered fine.

And now I'm getting the error described at the beginning of my post.  Here's the event viewer output:

User: James

Unable to access filter graph for current show. System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Toub.MediaCenter.Dvrms.DirectShow.IGraphBuilder'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{56A868A9-0AD4-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Does this have to do with having a newer version of the dotnet framework so that the MCEAddin.zip's install.cmd doesn't have the correct paths or something?  I've been trying to get this thing working for a few hours and any light that someone could shed on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

• Fri, Mar 12 2010 10:39 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

you are running the wrong addin.

• Fri, Mar 19 2010 1:43 AM In reply to

• botham
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 19 2010

Thank for describing it in the detail. I have come to know about this error first time and have no idea about its detailed description. Thanks for sharing such valuable ideas.

botham
  • Sun, Mar 21 2010 5:29 PM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • United Kingdom

You're welcome.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
@2008 andy vt