I had an older version of the toolbox working for a long time, and hadn't touched it (on the theory that if it works I should mess with it.) But your recent .9 with the live skipping got me to try an upgrade. Somehow in the process I've totally borked my install. Here are the steps I was in:
- Everything worked, this was my beginning state (I have no idea what version I was running, probably whatever was available for Vista back in April.)
- Installed .9 on top of my old install - I'm not sure what the state was here because I immediatly:
- Tried to configure live commercial skip with comskip - At this point recorded shows weren't processing commercial files. I would get prompts for all of them (during this time we were watching no live TV - we were out of town for Thanksgiving with WMC closed.)
- Tried to revert the changes I made in (3)
- That didn't work so I decided to try to go back to defualts, I uninstalled, removed traces of toolbox from my machine that I could find, and then reinstalled.
- Now nothing works. :(
I totally get that I walked myself into my corner. What I'm looking for now is a reliable way to wipe clean and start over. I don't typically use toolbox for anything other than commercial detection and skipping during playback, so I figure the easiest path out of the woods is to just get back to a default install. Unfortunately I couldn't find documentation on how to do that.
Thanks for a great tool! It's the reason I can't give up Media Center to any other DVR solution.
Update: I saw the tags UI at the bottom here which caused me to search by tag, which was much more successful. I've found the manual uninstall page and I'll give that a try.