in

andy vt's tools & blog

automating lazy

How do I automatically delete commercial files out of tv shows with 1.2.0.9

Last post Wed, Nov 21 2007 7:33 AM by babgvant. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 13 2007 4:24 PM

How do I automatically delete commercial files out of tv shows with 1.2.0.9

Here's what I want my computer to do for me. I know dvrms can do this, I'm just not sure how.

1.) Do the live tv commercial scanning (it already does this by default) so i can pause live tv and come back to it, with the show still airing but the commercials that have already aired already marked and automatically skipped.

2.) Have dvrms go through the file at the end of the airing time (so the show is done recording), remove all of the commercials, but leave the dvrms format still the same. (Basically just stripping commercials out of the tv show with no other modification.)

As I did before, I'd be more than happy to put together a how-to for everybody else that wishes to have this feature.

EDIT: if dvrms cuts out the commercials physically, how does comskip handle the new file? am i going to get messed up play back with comskip flying past actual tv show because i took the commercials out?

• Wed, Nov 21 2007 7:33 AM In reply to

• babgvant
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 2 2006
    • United Kingdom

Re: How do I automatically delete commercial files out of tv shows with 1.2.0.9

change the "Every File" PC to run the profile that removes the commercials and moves the file back to the recorded tv folder.  You'll need to add the FileOperation action set to delete the inputfile if you want it to delete the original.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
@2008 andy vt