WMP Remote is based [loosely] on the sample application written by Matt Ivers. This solution interacts with Windows Media Player, instead of Window Media Center. The client application search for albums by title, artist or genre and control playback on the remote machine.
- Added better error handling
- Added playlist viewing
- Added ability to select songs within playlist
- Changed Host field to drop down from text box to support multiple PCs easier
- Better orientation support
- Added volume controls
- Added Shutdown option to cleanup server resources
This solution is made up of three applications:
WMPServer.exe: a system tray based application which acts as a tcp server to interact with Windows Media Player.
WMP Remote (PC): PC based remote control application, play albums, build playlists
WMP Remote (PPC): WM5 based remote control application, play albums, build playlists