WARNING SageDCT should be considered beta.
NOTE: Many people have reported issues with SageDCT when they disable the Windows Firewall. Please make sure you have it enabled before seeking assistance if something doesn't work.
NOTE: SageDCT 1.6 introduces a feature to statically assign tuners to a specific port. Existing users must disable this feature in the config tool or regenerate the encoders for SageTV for SageDCT to function properly after installation. If you have customized your EPG channel lineup it is probably easier to only overwrite the encoding_host value per tuner.
NOTE: SageDCT 1.6/1.7 allowed installation on Windows XP but could not configure the firewall so it fails. This may leave the "SageDCT" service entry behind and block installation for 1.8. If this happens run "sc delete SageDCT" to remove the orphaned service.
SageDCT is a SageTV network encoder for DRI enabled Digital Cable Tuners (DCT). It will only work with Copy Freely content. Currently, only the Ceton InfiniTV 4 with 51+ (currently in beta) firmware will work. Other tuners will be added as they become available.
Thanks to Mikinho for technical assistance, StreamCoders.com for the RTP.NET library (http://www.streamcoders.com/products/rtpnet.html), and Open Software Projects for the UPnP library (http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp).
If SageDCT will be writing to a network location (UNC) you will need to change the service credentials to a user with network access. The service installs as SYSTEM.
Network Encoder configuration is handled via the included application. Use the "Discovery" tab in ConfigureSageDCT to generate the Sage.properties entries necessary.
Logs are written to %ProgramData%\SageDCT\, if you encounter an issue please capture a verbose log (service needs to be restarted to detect the change) and send it to me.
After adding the network encoders, you must add a lineup. Go to the config screen for the device and select the right lineup for your cable provider. Note that channel scanning and preview will not work.
1) The video stream in some files is not recognized in SageTV V7 (skip this step if running 7.1+). Download these files to fix it:
2) SA and Comskip have trouble with some files.
3) Make sure the drivers/firmware are up to date for the DCT.
4) SageDCT does not work with ATI DCTs.
- Initial release
- Add Test tab to config utility
- Add Data Recieve debug logging
- Usability enhancements in config utility
- Channel preview support
- Threading bug fixed (thanks Mikinho)
- Change UPnP library
- Set starting RTP port to 5010. If binding issues are noted in the logs, check that this value is > 5004.
- Add UPnP Device caching for brief time periods (DeviceLifeSpan, time in seconds to cache)
- Try UPnP actions again if the first time fails, force the cached device to recycle if this happens
- Fix a bug writing program number to packet indicator
- Double default RTP Buffer
- Try to recover from tuner disappearance
- Significant changes to UPnP Device caching
- Add support for SiliconDust HDHR Prime & Hauppauge OpenCable Receiver DCT devices
- Staticly assign discovered tuners to specific ports
- Fix a bug in encoder generation
- Change installer to work with XP+
- Add button to reset (delete) tuner assignments
- Use tuner assignments on test tab
- Fix a bug with encoder generation when not generating all of the encoders again
- Don't make firewall changes on unsupported OS versions
- Add UI enhancments to make managing static assignments easier
- Add feature to disable an assignment
- Add feature to change network encoder port per assignment
- Change to add support back for HDHR PRIME
- Fix a bug where tuners were not enabled by default
- Add channel scanning support (experimental)