StandbyHelper is a simple system tray application that provides sleep based operations on the PC.
- Close applications (entered in the "Standby" column) on standby
- Optionally launch applications (entered in the "Resume" column) if "Standy" application was closed
- Suggest/Force sleep based on user input idle time and system usage
Standby suggest/force is not recommended for HTPC (esp. not the server) until I build some awareness in around recordings and playback (although both may work with the usage metrics). I added this feature because my son always leaves a brower window open with a Flash player which keeps the machine from entering sleep modes. Closing/resuming applications fine for HTPC use (this was the primary use case until the Flash player thing annoyed me enough to do something about it).
- Initial Release
- Added SageTV recording monitoring (need to add more for HTPC use); requires Sage Webserver
- Added Safe Applications; if app is running sleep will not trigger
- Added idle count setting; iterations at "idle" before triggering sleep
- Added single instance logic
- Log level setting exposed in setting tool
- Reset idle count on K/M activity
- Only test increment idle count if safe applications are not running
- More logging
- Added option to treat display resolution changes as Sleep/Resume events
- Added WHS awareness option (monitors backup status)
- Added option to Sleep/Restore SageTV on Sleep/Resume events
- Added "Disable For" option to context menu
- Added option to treat display On/Off events as Sleep/Resume events -- when enabled, Resume will only occur when the display is "On"
- Added client detection to SageTV monitoring
- Uses sagex REST API instead of the SageTV webserver
- Added "Reset Display" hotkey action
- Added "Detect Display" hotkey action
- Added support for launch arguments