ToDvrms is a command line utility that converts video files to dvr-ms or wtv.
syntax: todvrms.exe filetoconvert.xxx newdvrms.dvr-ms [-m -g <pathtogrfstub.grf> -v -d -t "The Title" -r "10/30/2008" -y "10/30/2008" -w 60 -as 1 -vs 1 -allstreams -subtitles -getpic -setpic -xml <path to sage xml for metadata> -wtv -c <pathtoedl.edl> -haali -mpchc -msdemux -uselastwrite]
developed for mpg/vob, but other formats may work. ToDVRMS includes two DirectShow filters, they must be registered by running registertodvrmsfilters.cmd prior to use. After they are registered ToDVRMS can stream h.264/AC-3 files from mkv/m2ts into WTV files.
-m: optional, write WM/MediaIsMovie tag to output file
-g: optional, path to a grf file that contains encoder (or other filters) that should be used for the conversion process
-v: optional, enable verbose mode
-d: optional, enable debug mode
-t: optional, add Title attribute with the specified value
-r: optional, add WM/OriginalReleaseTime attribute with the specified date value.
-y: optional, add WM/Year attribute with the specified date value.
-w: optional, how long to wait for writes before considering the conversion finished. Default is 30
-as: optional, index of audio stream to copy; requires Haali splitter.
-vs: optional, index of video stream to copy; requires Haali splitter.
-allstreams: optional, copies all the streams; requires Haali Simple Splitter.
-subtitles: optional, copies line21 subtitles into the output file; requires Haali Video Sink.
-getpic: optional, exports WM/Picture to output path (2nd arg).
-setpic: optional, not recommended, sets WM/Picture to the jpg specified in output path (2nd arg).
-wtv: optional, create a wtv file
-c: optional, path to edl or dtb xml file for commercial removal
-mpchc: prefer MPC-HC filters for MKV/MT2S
-haali: prefer Haali filter for MKV (default)
-mpchc: optional, prefer MPC-HC splitter for MPEG/MKV.
-msdemux: optional, prefer MS MPEG Demuxer for MPG.
-uselastwrite: optional, use last modifed time to determine when writing should stop.
Please post support/enhancement requests in the transcoding forum.
- Inital release
- added m arg optional, write WM/MediaIsMovie tag to output file
- added g arg optional, path to a grf file that contains encoder (or other filters) that should be used for the conversion process
- added v arg. optional, enables verbose output
- added d arg, optional, enables debug mode
- some structural changes
- added a GUI tool
- added WTV support
- added t, r, y args
- fixed GUI
- some GUI enhancements
- added w
- files can be viewed as they convert if both processes are run as an admin (disable UAC)
- experimental -> wtv conversion
- read sage xml files to create dvr-ms metadata
- added stream selection options (-as/-vs); requires Haali Splitter source filter
- added allstreams option; requires Haali Simple Splitter
- added subtitle persistance option (vob); requires Haali Video Sink
- can write non-mpeg2 wtv files on Win7
- uses FakeTransform.ax (regsvr32 prior to use) filter to make files w/ h264 video work with WTV container on Win7 Beta1
- added getpic and setpic
- if the category = movie in the sage.xml WM/MediaIsMovie will be set to true
- WM/OriginalReleaseTime will be set to originalAirDate
- xml: optional, path to sage xml metadata file.
- force todvrms to run as x86
- explicitly load haali source for mkv
- explicitly load MPC-HC Mpeg source for ts, m2ts, and mpeg
- added c, path to edl or dtb xml file for commercial skipping (experimental; requires DSCutter filter included in DTB 22.214.171.124)
- change -w to 45 for wtv files since the SBEv2 allocates in 500MB chunks
- replace FakeTransform with AVC1toH264 (thanks Jere) filter for streaming H.264 into WTV (mkv supported with Haali source; ts,m2ts suppported with MPC-HC Mpeg source)
- add AAC as an allowed audio type
- prefer MPEG-2 Demuxer for mpeg/mpg files
- no audio type checking
- block AC3Filter
- create todvrmslib.dll
- directconnect to SBE for video pin
- add -haali arg to force haali for MKV files, otherwise customized MPC-HC MKV source is preferred
- fix crash condition in AttributeEnable.ax
- add -mpchc arg to force MPC-HC source for MPEG/MKV files, otherwise OOTB MPEG-2 Demuxer is preferred for MPEG and Haali for MKV
- AttributeEnable.ax support IMediaSeeking to return streaming status
- Update AVCtoH264.ax to work with updated Haali splitter
- Modify IMediaSeeking implementation in AttributeEnable.ax to produce more reliable results
- Fix bug in determining last write for non-SBE files
- Fix MPEG converstion when demuxer is not a source filter
- Change MPC-HC back to default MPEG demuxer, OOTB demux will be used if -msdemux is passed
- add -uselastwrite argument, when present last modfied time will be used instead of status to determine when to stop
- Alter custom MPC-HC MKV splitter to present MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3 so avi2ac3filter.ax is no longer necessary