DVRMSToolbox is a set of tools to perform actions on DVRMS files.
While DVRMSToolbox is designed to work on Windows Media Center Edition
(MCE) PCs, everything but the automated commercial skipping will work
on any Windows XP based machine. It will also work on DVRMS files
created by Media Portal.
The more useful application of
DVRMSToolbox is it's automatic commercial skipping capability. Using
this feature (by combining the FileWatcher and the CommercialSkip
add-in), Media Center will automatically skip commercials while you are watching the show.
DVRMSToolbox does many more things, like:
- convert to mpeg
- convert to wmv
- cut out commercials
- copy files to a pocket pc
- copy files to a network share, or a different folder on your pc
comes with a set of default profiles, but also includes tools to create
your own profiles with the included actions. Or if you are a developer,
you can write your own actions.
- Waiting to process messages more descriptive
- Status writing is more timely
- Fixed a problem with DVR2WMV usage, should [finally] resolve hanging issues
- Added reprocess functionality to the addin (press 4 on the remote)
- Added FileName to meta data returned
- Fixed lost status messages when process ends quickly
- FindCommercials action waits one minute before scanning file.
- Addressed localization issue with commercial files (thanks fenschop)
- OOTB mpeg "conversion" using DShow method deprecated
- Comskip 0.79.113 included and configured for live detection