ToDVRMS - 1.0.1.4

- Modify IMediaSeeking implementation in AttributeEnable.ax to produce more reliable results
- Fix bug in determining last write for non-SBE files
- Fix MPEG converstion when demuxer is not a source filter
- Change MPC-HC back to default MPEG demuxer, OOTB demux will be used if -msdemux is passed
- add -uselastwrite argument, when present last modfied time will be used instead of status to determine when to stop
- Alter custom MPC-HC MKV splitter to present MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3 so avi2ac3filter.ax is no longer necessary

bin

Published Feb 05 2010, 05:25 PM by babgvant
Filed under:

Comments

woody said:

I noticed that this release does not have the todvrms.exe or todvrmslib.dll files included.  Is that intentional?  Should I just install the filters only on top of the DTB 1.2.2.0 files?

February 7, 2010 12:31 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.  I used an outdated script to create the zip file.

February 7, 2010 12:52 PM

woody said:

Can you explain how to use the -uselastwrite argument?  Will this fix the problem with wtv conversions stopping too soon?

February 8, 2010 3:36 PM

I modified AttrubuteEnable.ax to return current position so status % can be used to determine when to stop.

If for some reason that doesn't work the old behavior (waiting a while for the last modified time to change) will be used if -uselastwrite is specified.

February 8, 2010 3:50 PM

woody said:

Ok, I've been testing by running todvrms against the same mpg file.  Converting to dvr-ms produces a file with no audio.

Converting to wtv produces a working file, but most of the metadata is missing.  There is only on metadata item: WM/Toolbox.  Is there any way to get duration, etc. to pass to the wtv file?

February 9, 2010 11:32 AM

woody said:

Oops, I spoke too soon.  The WTV files created using 1.0.1.4 would not play in my linksys extender.  Looks like there's something not right with those files.

I switched the AttributeEnable.ax file back to the 1.0.1.3 version.  Using the 1.0.1.4 executable and dll together with 1.0.1.3 version of AttributeEnable.ax and including the -uselastwrite option produces a good wtv file that will play in an extender.  Dvr-ms files still have no audio.

February 10, 2010 2:04 PM

tmb017 said:

Had my first experience using todvrms and I'm having the issue with mkv to wtv conversions just stopping in the middle with no errors as far as I can see.  I tried the -uselastwrite switch and it didn't seem to help.  Using the -w 180 allowed it to complete my last two files but neither had the time listed in the WTV properties.  Am I doing something wrong as I noticed you had commented on squashing this bug with this revision?

February 19, 2010 1:13 AM