FWChannelProxy is a SageTV channel tuning pluggin that wraps calls
to timmoore's channel.dll for changing channels on the STB via firewire.
Note, that this package doesn't include the drivers necessary to make the STB device work over firewire. I used this driver package, to get the device installed.
- Shut down SageTV (service and client)
- Extract the dlls to the SageTV Common folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common)
FWChannelProxy#.dll (the included file is FWChannelProxy2.dll because
that's what works on my system) where # is the device number obtained
by running channel.exe -v (the panel device)
- If changing an
existing tuner, open the sage.properties file and find the entry for
the tuning_pluggin and change it to the path to FWChannelProxy#.dll
- Create copies of FWChannelProxy#.dll and rename as appropriate for multi-tuner systems.
- Start the Sage service
- Try to change a channel
- Stop the service
- Create a file called FWChannelProxy#.log in the Common folder (e.g. FWChannelProxy2.log)
- Restart the service, open the client and change the channel
- The dll will log it's actions, create a thread in the Sage Tools forum with the log.