If you're a comskip user, you will want to pull down the latest rev (there have been several since the version that comes with DTB). Looks like Erik made a ton of improvement. Don't forget to say thanks.
Changes in 0.79.125
- It is strongly adviced to set max_repair_size=0 for HDHomerun recordings.
- Bug solved: Comskip crashes under certain rare conditions
- Some HDHomerun recordings contain a track without sound, after 50
frames without sound another track is automatically selected
Changes in 0.79.124
- Setting skip_b_frames=2 will have Comskip skip frames on HD but not on
SD, only available for donators
Changes in 0.79.123
- Adding output_aspect=1 to you ini file will instruct comskip to
generate a .aspects file. This file lists the input resolution and
aspect ratio changes. This information can be used for more efficient
transcoding or automatic aspect ratio switching during playback.
Changes in 0.79.122
- Comskip can now skip frames to speed up processing, should work on HD
streams. Set skip_b_frames=1 in your comskip.ini, only available for
Changes in 0.79.121
- New detection method added: RESOLUTION_CHANGE (detect_method 8),
replaces the unused FUZZY_LOGIC (which is always on). Resolution_change
will insert a hard cutpoint when the resolution of a digital recording
- Improved accuracy during reviewing of cutpoints. Comskip could be up
to 15 frames off during preview.
Changes in 0.79.120
- Bug solved: Comskip crashes when the recording changes from 1080i to
480i or 720p.
Changes in 0.79.119
- Bug solved: Preview failed on certain TS files.
- During preview the 's' and 'f' keys will jump to Start and Finish of
Changes in 0.79.118
- Bug solved: Previewing TS files failed once viewing near the end of
- Added ini parameter: edge_step=1 Set to 2 when you need extra speed on
scanning for logo's on HD files. Will make logo detection slightly worse
Changes in 0.79.117
- Bug solved: On certain MPEG PS recordings no audio was detected
leading to much worse detection quality
Changes in 0.79.116
- Fixed a bug that could cause the preview to freeze when reviewing .txt
or .csv files
- Improved the demux to better find the audio stream on HD TS
recordings, not having audio will make detection quality much worse.
Changes in 0.79.115
- Changed the Zoomplayer Chapter list using AddChapterBySecond to output
integers instead of floats
- Default comskip.ini file has now output_edl=1 to ensure correct
skipping in SageTV and GBPVR
Changes in 0.79.114
- Increase input buffer to reduce strain on disks when running multiple
comskip in parallel
- Solved the long outstandig "Why does Comskip find a very short
commercial at the end of the recording" bug